Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Judge Dredd Megazine #307

Just a quickie post to say that the current issue of the Judge Dredd Megazine (#307) carries the first part of a three part Judge Dredd story I have been working on. The story also features the return of former Chief Judge Hershey to Mega City 1.

It's a real pleasure to get a chance to work in the world of Dredd again, I really feel at home.

Anyway, here's the listing of the issue on the 2000AD website, & a few bits of the art, pencil pages, inked bits etc. Pick up the issue to see it all coloured up by Chris Blythe.

Just to explain what these are. I pencil out each page at roughly A4 size, then scan it into my computer. In Photoshop I enlarge the pencils, & convert the grey to a pale blue. I then print the blue pencils out in sections (since I don't have an A3 printer) onto regular printer/typing paper, & ink the 'bluelines' with a combination of Sharpies, various other markers & Pentel white out correction pens. This process is a recent innovation for me, though I know lots of other cartoonists use a similar method. I do find it frees me up somewhat at the inking stage (which tends to be the stage I would normally provarocate at), knowing that if I mess it up, I havn't destroyed the pencil, & can just print out another bluline.

I then scan the inked sections back into Photoshop, where clean them up, & I combine them into the final pages.





























































































































































Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Darren said...

Fantastic stuff Staz. :-)

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home