Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bristol Comic Expo 2010










The last minute nature of my decision to attend this years Bristol show was (I'm sad to say) reflected in my complete unpreparedness for the event. So my check list for the weekend read something like this....Hotel booked right on the opposite side of bristol to the con?..check! Mobile phone/camera battery not charged up?.. check! No organised location to sign & sketch?..check! That'd be a full house then.

As a result of this, my dissection & debrief of the event, is somewhat lacking in images. After only a couple of clicks, my phone scoffed at me when I pleaded with it to take pics of the sketches I'd done. So here are all i have, plus a couple I stole or had sent to me.

The naked comic character sketches were done for Ivo, a collector from Belgium, who has this as his theme for the sketches he has done by me. The girl with the Spidey face background is Mary Jane, & the other one is Wonder Woman.

Bart, another Belgian, asked me for the Lord Vader sketch.

Wynn Ryder is currently collecting trading card size sketches of James Bond, which being a massive Bond fan I was happy to do, & Sam Gardner asked me to sketch his girlfriend Chloe as Star Saphire.... I embarrased myself, & displayed my complete lack of comics knowledge by asking.."What's a star saphire?", Sam's withering stare said it all.

Thanks to Wynn, Sam & Chloe for the pics.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ned said...

Congratulations ... I really like your sign and sketch on Darth Vader are beautiful ...
very good...

ned
http://www.unmondomigliore.net/

12:12 AM  
Blogger Lee Townsend said...

It was good to see you Staz, even though it was very brief,
thanks for a funny story of you're time at Bristol! I was only there for the Sunday, shame we did not get a chance to catch up properly.
But I will see you in November at the Leeds Con for definate!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home