Thursday, October 09, 2008

Birmingham International Comics Show 2










So B.I.C.S. was last weekend. It was well attended, numbers I heard varied from 3500 to 5000, & fun was had by all I trust, certainly by yours truely. Highlights include Shane Oakley's Iron Man sketch at the Comic Artists Flip Out on Saturday morning (sadly I have no photographic evidence of it.. but if anyone does, please contact me & I'll post it on here), Dez Skinn's unusual hotel room arrangements (you had to be there... trust me) & the now traditional B.I.C.S. Saturday night over a meal discussion of Jean Claude Van Damme's contribution to world cinema.


Presented here is my paltry attempt to keep a photographic record of the event. Thanks to Sam (Superman) for providing additional pictures.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger ashbarron said...

Sweet Thanos sketch.
Will have to have a think about eaht i want doing at the Thought Bubble con

3:04 AM  
Blogger Mailman said...

Iron Man pic can be seen at
http://blogs.birminghammail.net/speechballoon/2008/10/bics-and-pieces.html

You can enlarge the picture by clicking.

I know the guy who won iron man. He says he will swap it for an original Staz Johnson sketch

7:08 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

Hi Staz! Loved watching you at the flip out in the Birmingham comic con! Ur Punisher and Batgirl were great. In fact, you can see me and my Dad top right of your audience pic aha. He got my Negative Exposure (first graphic novel aha) signed for me while I was in the queue for Coipel. I'm going to the Leeds one on Sat mainly to see you act as my friend got an awesome Batman sketch and I would love one. I bought a new moleskine sketchbook fof amazon for the occasion, however it came and it is half of A4. it is quite dinky, but do you think this is too small?

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home